Thursday, January 12, 2017

Energy pie charts


The question is on the paper, the answers are on the white board. These problems were fairly easy. I didn't struggle much with them. The one thing that was introduced to me was dissipated energy. Before this, I feel like we would neglect friction and air resistance, so often times I forget to include that. Dissipated energy is a new concept, that I didn't know about before. It's basically when the energy into the system goes into something else such as noise, friction, air etc. For these pie charts, they are good representations to see what energies are increasing and what energies are decreasing. For instance in number five, as the you is going higher, there is more gravitational taking away from the elastic while the kinetic remains the same. I think these were easy, and a nice way to introduce a new unit

No comments:

Post a Comment